Pages

Day 10 Crafting again!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Today I was worried was going to be a total bust. I had to work and Bill and his dad were going to try to finish putting in my kitchen counter tops. The Advent Activity needed to be quick and easy. Leslie had told me about some crafts that were in the dollar bin at Target so I had picked those up a while ago. I pulled them out, but I knew they would be finished with them very quickly because it was just decorating with stickers. The negative nelly in me was sure they would decide they were lame so I told them if they finished them quickly, I had a second craft. Totally unnecessary of me.




They seriously looooved decorating the gingerbread man and snowman with stickers. But, when they finished they asked about the other craft. I had found some painting books in the dollar bin at Michael's. They had 12 pages that had their own paints on them that you used by dipping a q-tip in water and wetting the paints and painting with them. The kids thought that was awesome. Unfortunately the paints were not the greatest so I found some brand new water colors. This turned into the most awesome craft ever! Rori and Liam painted for over an hour. Brendan and I excused ourselves to play Ninja Turtles. His painting attention span isn't nearly as long as theirs.





Rori and Liam ended up putting together and art gallery with all of their paintings. They took turns emcee--ing, and then it turned into a talent show with Brendan break dancing. It honestly was an amazing night that I spent laughing and enjoying my kids. Who would've thought that the activity I thought would be the most disappointing would turn into hours of entertainment for us? 

DJ Liam

emcee Rori
The Art Gallery


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great when the unexpected happens like that. I am glad you had such a great time.--Bill

Unknown said...

Your kids are so cute! Love the art show. What a great time! And it just goes to show that the simplest things are sometimes the best!

Gabli said...

Love it when a plan comes together on its own. And, thanks for sharing your ideas with me! Maybe next year we can make crocheted ornaments like little old ladies.

Baba HooHoo said...

Isn't that always the way. Love the art gallery. Go super mama...