Pages

On the 2nd Day of Christmas

Sunday, December 2, 2012

I knew that today was going to be a busy day because we had church and then we often go to McDonald's afterwards with some friends and spend a good chunk of time visiting. Also, Rori had a playdate planned for quite sometime and I didn't want to have to cut it short for our activity so I picked an easy one. 

Rori and Liam have a favorite "restaurant" that they always pick when they get to choose dinner. Rori asked me last week if they only got to choose a special dinner  at Nana's on their birthdays or when they finish a book at AWANA. I told her, no they could do it on other special occasions as they came up.And I had an "aha!" moment. I knew they would love an opportunity to have Nana's and get to eat it picnic style while watching a Christmas movie. 


Nana's is your basic hotdog joint, but they do have fabulous fresh cut fries that you can watch them cut right in front of you. They also have amazing milk shakes. Unfortunately I hate buying the milk shakes because they are huge and the kids never finish them. Today, however, it worked out perfectly because Rori's friend Allison was going to stay for dinner and so she and Rori could share a shake and the boys could share a shake. Everyone was happy, including mama :) 

Rori and her friend Allison 

Rori and Allison managed to somehow talk the boys into watching Barbie's A Perfect Christmas. sigh. I don't know how they did it, but good for them, since Rori is usually outnumbered and often has to give in to what one of the boys want. 
Even Papa and Igor hung out for a bit of the movie
So there you have it! An easy Advent activity that the kids absolutely loooooved! 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Especially the part where the boys were talked into the Barbie movie. Good times!

Anonymous said...

Anytime I get a beef on Garlic and fresh cut fries from Nana's it's a good day. Now only if the boys weren't easily confused we could have watch a real Christmas movie like Elf!--Bill

Anonymous said...

Go mama, go Rori...those boys are going to be great husbands one day. Love Mom

Gabli said...

Oh I love it when its simple and they think its amazing! Did the hubby stick around for the movie to? LOL. I am still thinking about what it is we are going to do today- perhaps another easy one: handmade cinnamon ornaments.
L