Pages

Lessons on Vanity

Sunday, September 21, 2008

I seem to be moving through the seven deadly sins. Hopefully it will stop here :) Last week I learned about gluttony, yesterday, it was vanity. Everyone always knows how lucky I am to have Bill--people tell me how lucky I am when they see how much he does with the kids or around the house. So, for once I wanted people to think that Bill was also lucky to have me. I decided that I was going to make these cinnamon rolls that I had been eyeing for months. They sounded scrumptions--complete with a maple frosting. I knew that I would bake them off and they'd be so fabulous that everyone I shared them with would think, "Wow, Bill's lucky to be married to such a fantastic cook!"

Well, this is how it really went. I spent almost the entire afternoon mixing the dough, waiting for it to rise, wrestling with the butter oozing out as I was rolling it, holding the wet, buttery, oozy, dough together enough to get them in the SEVEN pans that they made. I was feeling pretty discouraged from my endeavor. However, I still had hope that people would be singing my praises. I took them out of the oven and poured the sinful frosting on them and this is what they looked like.
Not too shabby. I couldn't wait to taste these delectable treats. I opened my mouth expectantly...and nothing. They tasted like nothing. Sweet, but still nothing. Bummer. What a waste of an afternoon. Oh well, that's what I get for my vanity. Hopefully they will get better with age because I froze them and my Sunday School class is going to eat them next Sunday whether they like it or not!
I think I'm done learning about the deadly sins now, thank you very much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! Martha would be proud. I am proud, wish I could have some, warm with butter and a cup of steamin joe! I can't believe you made 7 pans...are you nuts...Bill is lucky to have such a wonderful wife! Love MOM (PS, I am not prejudiced at all, ask Dad who will probably eat one of the pans on his trip this week!)

Anonymous said...

First of all crazy lady the c-rolls are great I think I have eaten over a dozen in the last 48 hours. Second I am very lucky to have such a wonderful wife. I could not ask God for a better one since you are perfect in every way. Just promise to love when I weight 600 pound from eating your wonderful c-rolls--Love Bill

Anonymous said...

i want to try them!