Pages

Smelly Cat

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I promise I will go back to writing about my adorable children or my wonderful husband, and won't turn this into a diet blog, but I had to say that I survived day one of the South Beach Diet! How's that for a run-on sentence? Anyway, I chose South Beach because the first 2 weeks are similar to the Atkins diet, but after that you get to add in good carbs. I had done the Atkins diet before and did not enjoy it. I was desperate for something crunchy besides lettuce.

My big fear with the next two weeks is that I will go into ketosis which is some term about burning fat and how it exits your body, blah blah blah. Anyway, the reason I don't want to go into ketosis is because it makes you smelly. I remember being at the gym one time and a woman who had posted about her weightloss on the gym bulletin board got on the stairmaster next to me. Wow. She was oozing the smell of the ketones exiting her body through her sweat. It is not a good smell...I could hardly stand to be next to her. Please, please, if I start to get smelly, tell me immediately and I'll go eat a candy bar!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if you do ooze, chew gum. Anyway it shouldn't be for very long...you don't have far to go (in my opinion you look great)Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

I think you are perfect the way you are, but I promise to tell you if smell--Bill

Anonymous said...

...if you notice an air freshener in our office next week...
:-)