Pages

What was I thinking?

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So, I think that I have reached a new level in my shallowness. What I will do to myself in order to lose a few pounds...I am on day 9 of the initial 2 week Phase One of the South Beach diet. So far, I have had a feeling of filmyness on my teeth, probably bad breath, bad headaches, and heart palpitations--especially at night, keeping me up until around midnight. Then, this morning I woke up very nauseous and thought, "If I have to eat another egg, I think I will throw up." So, I had a piece of toast with peanut butter. I felt much better. I have decided that Phase One of the diet is not for me. So I am moving on to Phase Two a bit early.


I think I might need to come to terms with the fact that I've had children and my body is not going to be the same as it was when I was 25--boo! I feel kind of guilty that I tortured myself for about a week (the heart palpitations and the headaches didn't start until day 3) when I should be thankful that I have two ridiculously cute children and my extra jiggle is a reminder of what I have. Rori and Liam enjoy poking my tummy--it almost always gets a giggle. Who am I to take away their source of joy ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see phase 2 start. I still think this whole diet thing is not needed--love Bill

Anonymous said...

Phase 2........Jaime, you are beautiful!!!!!!! I echo Bill -- the whole diet thing is not needed! One of my favorites -- "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Diet Coke in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and saying Woo Hoo, what a ride." I've taken a few liberties with the above saying. Now, I suppose you need to stay somewhat healthy so that you can live long enough to experience all that you want to. So you do need to eat your broccoli and get that ticker rate up....but what fun is life without french fries? This all coming from someone who has a love hate relationship with her treadmill and scale.

Anna

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime-
Glad you came to your senses. Losing a few pounds isn't worth all of that!! Aaron and I started Weight Watchers again on Monday. So far it's okay. I am a bit hungry, but am surviving.

ourprecious4 said...

I just wanted to post letting you know that I found your post in result of Angies blog. I can say that my heart aches for you. We have also suffered in the loss of a child. I read your earlier post about Faith, and I know that I dont know that whole story but would love to. Please read ours, and I hope that we can share in each others story and offer prayer and encouragement for each other. Dont compare our loss or its affects on the lives of others to Angies' God has brought us all to this place for His ultimate Glory. And I KNOW we will see it one day! Keep going strong my friend! I know that God has crossed our paths for a reason!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're in phase 2, your metabolism didn't like NO CARBS. I wish I had a metabolism. Love MOM Nice photo by the way.

Whispers of Faith said...

Thank you for your thoughtful comments and words of strength on my blog. It is never easy to meet someone who walks our same path becuse I so wish to not be in this club and wish that no one ever had to be...but we are, and we will always be a part of this club. SO, it does bring such great comfort to walk this journey with other faithful women!!

Anonymous said...

God created carbs for a reason! Well...he created whole grains, then we made white bread, but whatever. :) Super-beautiful picture!!

MOPSgirl said...

The diet isn't needed. You are making your overweight friend feel weird. Again, not taking away from what you FEEL - you have every right to feel the way you feel. But you look great and I'd love to look like you. I think height has its advantages too. You should be happy you are tall and count that in your blessings too! :)

Everything in moderation. 10 jalapeƱos? Yikes! Now that's funny!

Go whole grains! Whoo-hoo!